[geeks] annoying Taxcut software bug

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Mar 15 09:10:28 CST 2004

On Mar 15, 2004, at 8:37 AM, Dan Duncan wrote:

> I've been doing Taxcut for 5, and apparently it works fine if
> you don't select options most people don't use.  Feh.
>
> Doesn't Turbo Tax have spyware in it?

Not as far as I know... they had a licensing snafu a while back for the
Winders version, but then again I haven't used the Winders version
since buying a mac back in 1998 or so.  The Mac version doesn't contain
spyware.  Apparently the licensing snafu was fixed after they listened
to backlash from their customers... something about putting copy
protection into the program (activation).

Andrew