[rescue] somewhat OT: secondary market storage?

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Mon Apr 1 16:29:37 CST 2002

On Monday, April 1, 2002, at 12:45 PM, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:

> oracle will live here.  anyone have much luck with the t3 arrays?  I'm
> adverse to them for db's since they're raid5, but if the performance is
> good...  in the past i remember reading things about the clariion kit
> that made me dislike them, anyone have an argument for them?

In a related issue, how does FC-AL type boxes compare (speed and
reliability) with, directly attached SCSI disks with multiple
controllers and DiskSuite running 0+1?

All I have ever seen has been directly attached SCSI, so I don't have
anything to compare with.

I understand if this needs to be Geeks, and hopefully this isn't war
bait...

--
David Rouse